ERIKS project is a High School programme being implemented in Kisii county. The project is tailored to increase the level of risk perception of the youth in school and to also promote abstinence as a HIV prevention measure. ERIKs is a joint project implemented by I Choose Life Africa in close partnership with Ministry of Education Science and Technology and Ministry of Health.
Project Goal Jiimarishe ERIKS project seeks to reduce HIV incidence among 15-19 year olds in Kisii County
- To increase levels of risk perception through knowledge and skill building among 15-19 year olds on HIV/AIDS
- To promote abstinence among 15-19 year olds
- To strengthen county coordination mechanism for harmonious implementation of HIV/ AIDS related school health programs
- Jiimarishe ERIKS project serves 3,000 adolescents aged 15-19 years and 30 university students aged 20-24 years, who serve as mentors for the adolescents.
- The project also serves 5,250 individuals including teachers, parents and other community members.
The project is implemented in 10 secondary schools in Kisii County
- ERIKS Development Partners